Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Must Have Been Dreaming

I had a crazy day today Busy from beginning to end, and not everything was as successful as I would have liked. And Nothing, I mean NOTHING was easy. So when I got home today around 3:30, I thought I'd get the chance to rest a little. I must have been dreaming. I had a little less than 2 hours to do some important stuff on the computer and then I had to head down to the high school to photograph the in-coming members of the Nat'l Jr. Honor Society.

Well, last week I gave the teacher in charge some order blanks to send home with the kids, thinking that they would make it home to the parents. Okay, big mistake. I must have been dreaming. Kids don't seem to get the concept: 1) get a notice for the parents, 2) place it in bookbag, 3) transport it home, 4) give it to parents, 5) emphasize it's importance. This even applies to those elected to the prestigious National Junior Honor Society. Sigh.

So tonight, all 44, yes 44 families, arrived in the lobby (not all at once thank goodness) with NO order blanks filled out, let alone placed in an envelope with payment. Aargh.

My son, who has great organizational skills, managed to hold it all together and we finished a mere 15 minutes late. Pretty amazing.

Well, let's back up a bit. Before we left the house, we packed three bottles of water between us because I knew it would be hot and dry and I would need some water as we went through the photo session. I hoped to keep myself hydrated. I must have been dreaming. Those water bottles never touched my lips. But we survived and it wasn't too terrible an experience.

When I got home I still had water bottles on my mind, so now I have them on my blog as well.
After a good night's sleep, I'll wake up in the morning, think about it, and say, I must have been dreaming.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

what a day!
i hope you are able to relax this evening.
i like the grainey look of the picture.

Framing Images and Memories said...

I have to say I chuckled about the kids and order forms..welcome to my world..every day..every single day of my working life...every minute of each day of my working life..ahhhh it's draining...BUT you made it work and Im sure the kids and parents were thrilled! Nice job!

trishalyn said...

Sounded more like a nightmare than a dream! Loved the b/w composition and angle of view of your bottles. Even after a bad day, you managed to come thru with flying colors. Good job, Linda!

J.L.Velez said...

I love the picture, and the comments. I won't repeat Steve's comments...too true...but you perservered!!! Way to go on that!