Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Election Day

I grew up in the Bronx. I could live in a city again very easily, but here's the thing. I LOVE small town living. My town (although it covers a huge geographic area) is so small that I tell people who have never been here, that it's an intersection and don't blink. But there is a church, a church hall and a small country store--oh, and an awesome volunteer fire department (whose members are amazingly dedicated and proficient).

So on the way to work this morning I stopped to vote. I knew the workers and almost every one who came in. It took about 2 minutes for my turn, and I was on my way.

After I got home this afternoon, we headed over to the church hall for the customary election day pancake dinner. (remember I said it's the best one in the area--they kept their honor, it was great)

It was awesome--I met a bazillion people I knew but hadn't seen in a loooong time. How fun. So it was a good day--of course, you have to understand that I still haven't seen the news, and I have not idea how the election is going. I'm going to stay oblivious until tomorrow...






3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Great election coverage, Linda....loved your slideshow! You got the shot I was trying to capture in the voting booth. Nice job!!!

J.L.Velez said...

I am honored...3 generations of my family on your blog:) Secretly, I was glad you brought your camera. Who else would have been able to document the traditions of the community? Thanks Linda!

Bridget said...

loved the slide show.
i felt as if i were there.
saw a few familiar faces.
we need to stay positive about our country.this couldbe a good thing!