Saturday, November 15, 2008

From Diapers to Teenager in Just Three Months, huh???

In just a few days my grandson, Mackenzie (Mace to you, Jayme) will turn 13. Not sure how that happened--it was just a few months ago that he posed for this photo, right? He's always been really good about posing for photos for me, until...


NOW!!! I practically had to threaten him tonight at this party. (threaten him with what???) As you can see, he didn't much care about the threats. I pleaded with him (please, please, PLEASE let me take your picture). As you can see, he didn't much care about the pleading. I demanded that he let me take his picture (I NEED to take your picture!). As you can see, he didn't care about that either. What in the world happened to that compliant, easy going, happy to cooperate, where-should-I-sit-Nana, oh-tilt-my-head-like-this, okay-I'll-change-my-shirt-for- you, Nana, little boy go? Sigh.

I think his friends finally convinced him to let me take this shot. They all agreeably converged together for a group shot, and he must have figured he should just give in and be done with it.


I managed to get some shots of my baby while at the birthday party. It took some cajoling, but I managed to get one or two decent images. I think it was just a few months ago that he was in diapers, and look what happened!! He had the nerve to grow up, get his license, graduate from high school, buy his own vehicle and start college. hmmmm. I do remember telling him, when he was 6, not to get any older. He refused to listen to me, darn kid.



So yesterday, Mackenzie's younger brother, Jacob received an award in school. It was too cute.



3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Adorable photos!!! I can remember when Mackenzie WILLINGLY posed...he was so cute then...and still is! Great shot of Caleb...can't believe your baby is a man now. And Jacob's photo is just too cute for words! He is looking so grown-up now. Glad you were able to share that special moment at school with him. Loved your writing, too...I can sure relate!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Wonderful photos..and yes they grow quickly! I see so much of your family in Mackenzie- you certainly all look very similar. Happy to see that you had a great day. Thanks for your comments on my picture of steps..it did take a while to find the right settings..as you know well!

J.L.Velez said...

Oh my gosh! Mackenzie looks the same as his baby picture! Your pictures today are so cute! I love the close-ups. And Caleb still looks like that little kid playing little league with my brother:) I love family...aren't they such a blessing!? Can't thank God enough for them!