Saturday, November 08, 2008

Quite the Home

I had to do something today that kept me away from home, but indoors most of the day. While there I was musing over what I would do for my post for today. On my way home, I had to photograph a piece of property for a job I have. I decided to use one of those images. This is the house (?) on the property.

My imagination ran wild. Did these people (who appeared not to live here anymore) run out of money after they finished the foundation and before they could erect the house? Did they intentionally choose to live in the basement (foundation)? How long did they live in the "basement"? Did they get claustrophobia from living underground and having only one source of daylight in their home? There were no other windows around the entire foundation. Imagine trying to get out the front door after even a moderate snowstorm.

I'll probably never get the answers to these questions, but it's fun trying to piece together the situation of another person's life.

4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

You have a knack for catching the unusual amidst the average everyday. What a cool looking house! Not sure I'd like it though. Certainly does make me have questions...but your questions were the funniest!

Bridget said...

WHAT A FUNNY LITTLE HOUSE.
WHERE DO YOU FIND THESE THINGS?
INTERESTING OBSEVATIONS

trishalyn said...

Yes, where DO you find these things?! :-)
I can't imagine living there with just those 2 windows (please, let there be light). And what DO they do when 2 feet of snow gets dumped on their doorstep?! Your image is a good visual reminder that we all are unique with different opinions, needs and wants.

Framing Images and Memories said...

I don't mean to spoil your image but I saw a creepy movie last night and now your image reminds me of the creepy feeling I had. I too would like to know the story!
I like the unkept look of the lawn as it adds to the oddness of the house.