Monday, November 24, 2008

Just A Bunch of Trash

I hurried out of the house this morning fairly early to do a quick errand. I hurried back to the house so my husband could have the car. Then I slowed right down and spent the day catching up on busy-work that was seriously backed up. What a great feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment I get on a day like this.

Then I ran into an "okay-what-do-I-do-now?" situation. "Well," I told myself, "why not clean the studio?" "Okay, let's get to it", I agreed to myself! So I spent the afternoon cleaning and purging and feeling like there was more and more oxygen to breath the more I purged and threw away. Even though this photo shows just a small amount of trash, believe me, there was a looooot more. I have a long way to go, but it's a relief that I got started and got so much done.

4 comments:

Bridget said...

i know the feeling.it is great to get a job like that done.i often wonder after i have accomplished a long put off task why i waited so long to do it.the pay off is so good.
your trash looks positively artsy:)

J.L.Velez said...

That's some colorful trash you got there. I like that idea for the picture:)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Good for the house and the mind..cleaning out...except it makes room for more clutter and then we start all over....
There is a metaphor there somewhere. Nice idea

trishalyn said...

My trash doesn't look nearly as good! Glad you got something accomplished...it's a great feeling.