Sunday, October 05, 2008

3rd Place!!

I'm actually starting this post from the end. I had a little while till I had to be at church this afternoon, so I went to Pizza Hut to get a Personal Pan Pizza (I love Pizza Hut pizza but I can never get anyone to go there with me). When I pulled into the parking spot, I noticed these flowers growing along the edge of the parking lot. While waiting for my order to be done, I went and took a bunch of shots of the flowers--sometimes it was windy, other times I zoomed. I only really like a couple, but that's the advantage of digital--I took many experimental shots, and even though, in my opinion, there are only a couple successful ones, nothing was lost (no film).




Okay, now backing up to earlier in the afternoon. This weekend was the annual Hagaman Art Show, and Sunday is the day that the work has to be removed. I went over there around 3:30 to see what was going on. The show was over at 5. So while I was waiting, I took some shots of the visitors looking at the artwork.

And here is my 3rd place image! Very exciting, since I haven't placed at this show in quite a while.

So it was a pretty good day. I placed 3rd in photography at the art show, and I got my Pizza Hut Pizza.

3 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Congrats on your 3rd place and pizza hut victories! I like the second flower image because it seems like it is being taken through jagged broken glass. Very creative!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Bravo!! Good job at the show! I too love Pizza Hut...just in case you have a craving in the future!
Your photo that placed 3rd is stunning, I remember seeing it and loving it!

trishalyn said...

Steve and Jayme said it perfectly..ditto for me! Sorry I didn't make it to the show...but a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! I, too, remember that photo...it is definitely a winner! Great job!!! P.S. I also love your new shoes! :-)