Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Yesterday and Today

I went to the boat launch yesterday afternoon. I'm usually not at all inspired there, and I don't know why I keep going back. I guess I thought that there might be something there in the late afternoon light. I was right. I wasn't inspired but the light was pretty, and I did manage to get these two shots. Not great, but...


Even though the light was really beautiful, this scene had a melancholy feel to it. Summer's over, the leaves have changed color and are falling, no one's at the picnic tables, the geese are migrating and winter is on the way.

On my way to town this morning, the fog was super-thick and I couldn't resist stopping to take this image on the way.


Then on my way home this afternoon, I couldn't resist stopping to take a shot of the congestion at the gas station....


the congestion that was due to the price!!! Even if it doesn't last too long, it's a nice respite.

On the road home, I stopped here initially to capture the house (it's behind the red truck) with the beautiful trees in the background, but that wasn't working too well, so I decided to try and get the tail light trails.

I was hand holding the camera for this last shot. It was a very slow shutter speed, so there's camera shake, but I really like it.

3 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

That was a very productive photo day for you:) I like the congested gas station and the red tail lights. Both of them speak of the realities of everyday life. Great ideas!

Framing Images and Memories said...

I agree with Jayme, great ideas and execution. You are capturing every day life in our small towns. I understand your feelings regarding the boat launch; however, now both of us have taken decent pictures there! Now we have to embrace the place!...well maybe that is too strong. I still don't feel very inspired there. Great job today.

trishalyn said...

I'm fascinated with the tail light trails! Do you know what settings you used? Great composition...and the fall foliage in the background is so pretty! Wonderful job, Linda!