Thursday, October 09, 2008

Copycat!!!

My images today are of a hay rake. hmmmm, didn't someone just post photos of a hay rake a few days ago? I think so! But you have to understand, we all live in the same area (farm country) and see the same things (farms, equipment, country roads, animals, etc) on a regular basis.

On my way home late this afternoon, I came up the back way. It was with a sense of urgency that I was thinking "what am I going to photograph for today's post? What, in my house, would be interesting enough?", when as I turned a corner I noticed how the sun was casting its awesome golden color on everything, and then all of a sudden, there it was! This great hay rake bathed in the golden glow of the setting sun. Couldn't resist it.

However, while I was in the field taking photos, my daughter, who is in Hawaii called, and I couldn't not take the call. So there I stood, talking with her, while the precious golden light faded second by second. (I still haven't managed the skill of cradling a tiny, thin cell phone between ear and shoulder to allow both hands to be free). So by the time the call was over, so was the light show.

But I wasn't ready to leave, so I got a few more shots, this one of the setting sun and the next one of a detail which didn't need spectacular light, although it would have helped.


I love this next one with the farm off in the distance. The farm house is a little too out-of-focus, but I still like the concept.

Today I was put in touch with a site that you might like to check out. The address is www.threeblondesandacamera.com

It's the site of three friends who are photographers, they do great work, but what I want you to see is the photos of Kenya and the children. One of the girls had the blessing of being able to go to Kenya with another of her friends who was adopting a child from there. She had the awesome opportunity to do photography of the situation, and her images are amazing!! When you get to the site you can click on "skip the intro", and then scroll down (unless you want to look at all the wedding photos)about 2/3 of the way. I hope you enjoy the images as much as I did through my tears.

3 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

I love your pictures from today:) They really look incredible! And I can't wait to check out the Kenya pictures. I had an opportunity to speak to some students today after school about my Africa experience and it brought back some powerful emotions. Photography does wonders with our emotions, wouldn't you say?

trishalyn said...

Amazing images, Linda! You know my love of silhouettes, so of course that is my favorite!!! I'm glad your daughter's call detained you.

RICH, POOR AND SELF-DESTROYED said...

Love the pictures, i have new posts on my blog just wondering if you would like to checkt them out. Love your new post. xx