Friday, October 31, 2008

The Cat

I spent the day working on the slide show for my daughter's bon voyage gathering tomorrow afternoon at church. Between my computer not working right and my not being able to work the slide show program correctly, I was pretty frustrated by the end of the day. "Near tears" is more like it. I finally got some help with the program which calmed me down a little, but it was still pretty stressful finishing the slide show.

As I was sitting at the dining room table working on the show, I looked up and saw my cat sitting on the window sill of the open window--it was a beautiful day, the entirety of which I spent indoors. Looking at the cat I thought that her biggest challenge is getting our attention to open the cellar door so she can get to her food. What a life!!

There's probably a lesson or two (or more) here: don't get stressed, enjoy the day, look at the beauty around you, ask for attention when you need/want it, take naps, play when you want to...and on and on. She looked peaceful, and I longed to be feeling that peace.

Well, I finally did finish the slide show, but I won't bore you with the additional glitches that occurred. Suffice it to say that the "show will go on" tomorrow afternoon, and I do believe that after this weekend, I'll be able to "sit on the windowsill" (figuratively speaking) in the very near future, at least for a time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite pictures are cats in windowsills, and this is a beauty. I look forward to seeing the picture of you sitting there. :)

trishalyn said...

Beautiful image, Linda! Loved your writing, too. Sorry you had a stressful day, but glad you were able to finish your project. I know Leah will really appreciate all the love that went into it. Hopefully, today you can relax and enjoy the party.

Bridget said...

like a painting!
a beautiful cat and lace curtains!
hope today is much better for you.
my best to your adventurous daughter.

Cheri Block Sabraw said...

Hi Linda,
I love this photo. When life seems to be like the Tilt-o-Wheel at the fair, a picture like this one reminds us to be quiet and reflect.
Thank-you.
Cheri Block Sabraw