Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ho Hummmm

Okay, I'm caught up with posting now, but what a dull post. "Here's the thing", as Monk would say. I went to an antique shop this afternoon, but once I got there decided not to buy what I went there for. I spent some time looking around though, and then I spied a basket of randomly shaped, sized and colored bottles. I thought of the images that have been posted lately, and bam! the flash-bulb, or rather light bulb (as Trish would say) went off in my tired brain.

Probably all of you will groan, but...I bought this bottle with the hopes that we could do a challenge with it, oh no, not another one, you say. Well, yes, I think we can do this. Each of us will have the bottle for a predetermined length of time (one, two weeks for example) and spend that time trying to be as creative as possible (unlike the images seen here). Then, after everyone has had a chance to "own" the bottle, we can all post one or two of our images on a predetermined day (I like that "predetermined" stuff).


This idea bears some thought and conversation.

Hebrews 10:24---And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works.

3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

hmmm..another challenge? I loath the idea but when you add 'competition' I can't help but to think I want to do it! I like the bottle too..it is ordinary but ordinary with character in its own subtle way. (does that make sense?) Though it looks so perfectly at home in your second picture, with lace keeping it company, I'd hate to remove it.

J.L.Velez said...

Already I'm thinking, what can I do with this seemingly simple object? :) I love your images though. It does seem right at home with the lace!

trishalyn said...

Looks like I missed a good opportunity yesterday! I loved the first image....with the angle and position of the bottle...and the background out of focus. I don't know what you were thinking with your title, though...nothing "Ho Hummmm" about that image! :-)
Looking forward to another "challenge"...though I might just have to quit my job!!!