Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Worst Picture Ever!

Okay, this is the first day of my group's Photo a Day Challenge--just think, you get to see at least one photo a day for the next 364 days. If they're all this bad, I feel sorry for you.

I was really busy early in the day, and as time went by I started getting ready to leave to run some errands and then attend my weekly photo club meeting--knowing I wouldn't get home until 10 pm or later. Feeling the time crunch, I didn't know what to photograph, so I grabbed my camera and headed outside.

Now...look closely at the photo and you'll see a green and red Christmas Tree stand, with what is left of our Christmas tree from last December. Yup, that's right, it's still standing proudly right outside our front door.

I left for Hawaii on Jan. 9, and God (along with Scott and Frank) alone knows how long it stayed up in the house. By the time I got home in early April, it had been moved outside. Needless to say, I didn't ask when it was taken out.

Maybe it's a good thing it's right outside. When we need it in December, we'll know exactly where it is and won't have to go on a search-and-rescue mission this year. Hopefully it won't be buried under two feet of snow. As I've said before, if you look hard enough, you can find the silver lining behind every mistake/dumb action.

So--that's my post for the day--God willing, they'll get better.

Freaky Fact: Tigers are the only striped wildcat. And...not only is their fur striped, so is their skin! (found on a package of instant oatmeal--remember--one of my goals is to eat oatmeal every day--Yuk!)

1 comment:

Framing Images and Memories said...

I don't know what Im more proud of...the fact that you took a picture that you didn't think would be a favorite image (though it has humor!) or the fact that you are eating oatmeal! I told you it isn't that bad!