Wednesday, October 08, 2008

An Apple a Day...

A friend and I went to an apple orchard today. She knows the owner and makes a yearly pilgrimage to see him and get her apple fix. It was a great ride to Valatie.The weather was beautiful, we had a great time together and I came home with some apple orchard treasures.


We were treated to a look "behind the scenes" and even though it wasn't exactly a guided tour, it was interesting to see how the apples were packaged.


Of course, you can't photograph an orchard or apple stand without getting shots of the pumpkins.

Oatmeal Brain Teaser:
How much water does a camel's hump hold?

None! The hump stores fat that the camel uses for energy when food is scarce.

And on that note, good night!

3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice images. The fact that you went behind the scene reminds me of the idea of doing a photo essay. I've seen a few video essays on Youtube and they are interesting in the way that they tell a story. Thanks for sharing.

trishalyn said...

Enjoyed the trip to the apple orchard...(I had been thinking of doing that myself!). Glad you had a great day!!!

RICH, POOR AND SELF-DESTROYED said...

Love the pictures, I have always wanted to go to a apple orchard but I have never seemed to get round to it, hopefully someday I will. See you soon!