Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Day's Walk

I managed to get out for a short walk this afternoon. It was a beautiful, sunny day, and the fresh air was great. I took my camera just in case I would see something to photograph. The first thing I noticed was this lone cornstalk in a field that had been "mowed" down, if that's what they call it. This happens pretty regularly, and it always makes me chuckle--that the big harvest machines can manage to miss just one stalk...


Turning around I saw the rest of the corn field.

Then there's the farm at the end of the cornfield.

Well, there's no meaning behind the photos, it's just what I saw today. I guess I'm just too tired to dig deep for relevance. I basically just did the "assignment".

3 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Love the single corn stalk. My mom told me that back in "ancient" times, when they harvested, they would purposely leave stalks of wheat for th widows and poor to harvest. Your photo reminded me of that!

trishalyn said...

Enjoyed the walk, Linda...thank you...and lovely panorama of the farm house!

Framing Images and Memories said...

We've all "just done the assignment" but I wouldn't qualify
these images in those terms. Im always attracted to lone subjects, separated from other subjects, so I enjoyed these.