Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Another Picture of Lights

The old dilemma reared it's ugly head again today. What, oh WHAT??? am I going to photograph for my blog post today. First thing this morning I took my son's truck to the car dealer to have the speedometer replaced. As I was sitting in the showroom, I thought, aha!! I can photograph the price sticker of that very, Very, VERY expensive car. But, since there were two other people also waiting for their cars to be repaired, I wimped out--didn't want to seem too eccentric, like that has ever bothered me before!

Then I had to go mow a lawn, yes that's right, mow a lawn, for a house inspection I was hired to do. Okay, the wind was blowing, the grass was ugly (but long), and I was still aching from all the yard work I did yesterday at the same house. No photo ops there.

Then I went to work, still aching and now with a headache (from not sleeping well), and having to train a friend of mine to do the office work for when I go away this winter. Maybe there were photo ops, but I wasn't in any frame of mind to see them, or care.

Good grief!! my head was really pounding by the time I left work and I still had to go to the store, go home, cook dinner, and get back to town for Bible study. Argh!! No photo ops there. Now I was starting to panic, just a little, thinking, "okay, I'll just shoot something really boring in my house when I get home".

So off we went, no photo ops on the way back to town in the dark. We arrived at Bible Study, and eureka!! there was this great Christmas tree. Okay, so I photographed something really boring at someone else's house, just another picture of lights, a cliche, typical of the season, but by golly, it's a picture and it's a post. So there!!

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Loved your story! :-) There's nothing wrong with posting a Christmas tree image..."we have to make hay while the sun shines"...if you get my drift. Beautiful tree...and I love the wagon to the left of it. Darn...you pulled it off! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

I agree with Trish...you posted and that is worthy of praise! Good Job..The "hunting" can be frustrating. Im at work already thinking of my ride home and what I will do...it's pressure!

J.L.Velez said...

I actually like the holiday photos, and your tree was very pretty. I really dred Jan. and Feb. cause that's when everything is going to so grey and yucky and no more holiday lights or trees to take pictures of. Enjoy the fake santas, lights, and ugly snowmen while we can, I say!

Bridget said...

it is a pretty tree and i am sure we will be seeing many more before the month is over.
at least you were first:)