Thursday, December 18, 2008

Off the Beaten Path

While on my drive today, I passed this stream and decided to get a photo of it. Everything along the road was dirty and ugly, but just a few feet off the beaten path was this stream with pristine white snow on its banks. The image isn't an award winner, but as I drove away I began making the connection between the scene and people. Confused? Good. I don't normally wax philosophical when I photograph, but this time the thoughts just popped into my head.

Look off the beaten path to find the beauty within those who appear grungy, cranky, unpleasant, etc. This is a great season to start the habit. It's usually contagious, too. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

beautiful sentiment and a very pretty shot!

philmary said...

December 19 1843 The Christmas Carol was published. ..ideas of external and internal transformation..

trishalyn said...

You have the Christmas spirit, Linda! Very nicely done!