Wednesday, December 17, 2008

At Morette's

Okay, so I'm beginning to do a lot of repeat images, probably because I do a lot of repeat activities. Tonight was photo club night, and as usual some of us met at Morette's for dinner first. Not only was this the last night for the next three weeks due to Christmas and New Year's, but it was the last night for me until the middle of next April. So it was somewhat bittersweet.

When I first sat down I noticed a beautiful wreath hanging on the wall. I tried to photograph it without flash, but the shutter speed was too slow, so I deliberately moved the camera to get this creative?? look. It's not "awesome", but it's kind of interesting--and it was definitely fun to do.

Then I put the camera on the table and guess what? I couldn't resist trying some more shots, also without flash, so this next one isn't quite sharp. But I like it too.

I think I'm kind of getting into this photography thing. I might just keep it up. Actually, since my friends have joined me in this "Post A Day" thing, and I purchased my very own point-n-shoot, a fun avocation/vocation has become even more fun. So once again, thank you everyone for joining the challenge.

4 comments:

philmary said...

Wrote to Leaha about Heffer Project >I hope she doesnt
get discouraged

Framing Images and Memories said...

wow, to be able to count down the "last" of cold, wintery, dreary weather...ok..so you are saying goodbye to friends and activities and not weather...but think of sun, warm breezes and happy people! Fear not, we pale, bitter creature will be waiting for you!

J.L.Velez said...

Very cool first picture. Hope you'll be thinking of us when we are home bound in snow and you are on the sandy shores with the waves lapping at your feet!

trishalyn said...

I really like your wreath photo, too! We will miss your weekly images of Morrettes...but I'm sure we'll get over it when those gorgeous Hawaiian sunsets start appearing. :-)