Monday, December 22, 2008

Brrrrr!

Brrrr, it was cold today. I had some important errands to run today, so I went to town pretty early this morning. Good call. It was cold, but not windy. By the time I returned home, things were quite different--almost white-out conditions at times.

So I started a pot of chili, baked a pie and hunkered down in the house for the duration of the day. It occurred to me that this was another day for "comfort food". Praise God for our blessings.

Chili and pumpkin pie on a cold and blustery day. Yum.


2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Looks delicious!!! Enjoy your comfort food while you can, because you can't have any in Hawaii! Ha! Just kidding! As I was going to bed last night, Dave was in the kitchen, preparing a pot of chili for tonight's dinner. What a coincidence! :-)

philmary said...

I want a print of each dish for chefs in my family..