Monday, December 29, 2008

Accessories

A friend of mine asked me to photograph some of her jewelry so she could keep it documented. These cameos were part of the collection. I think cameos are so beautiful.

When I got home tonight, this lamp was on the counter. It's one that Caleb made. (the shade is crooked because the shade-holder isn't secured properly). I think it's very cool. He made one yesterday too. He's on a roll.

After having a long email chat with Trish today, I decided that I'm going to change something. I'm going to change the way I think about my photography. I don't usually make New Year's resolutions because I know I won't keep them. But this is going to be my New Year's "goal". When I think that one of my images is good, I'm going to say so. Not bragging--just saying what I like about it and why--but still be open to critique.

I challenge the rest of you to the same goal.

3 comments:

philmary said...

I like the simple color tones..How do you make a cameo?

trishalyn said...

Lovely cameos...very cool lamp! OK...I'm up for the challenge.

Bridget said...

i love the lamp and the cameos are bery pretty.
but....what i really like is your new attitude:)
i will try to follow the good example of you and trish!