Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Day, 2008

Our day started off this morning with a phone call to Leah in Kenya. She was surprised and pleased. It was good to hear her voice. My son's phone has a "speaker" setting on it, so we all gathered 'round and talked with her that way. Very fun.

After the phone call, while I was waiting for everyone to get ready to open presents, I wanted to see what things look like from the cat's perspective. Interesting.

While we were at Jessica's, Caleb willingly let me take this photo while he posed as The Thinker. Whether he actually looks like it or not, I was happy he was agreeable to the photo.


At church last night, Lauren had on her green princess dress and these cute shoes. I'm in the middle of reading, "Wicked", about the wicked witch in The Wizard of Oz, and all I could think of every time I looked at Lauren was Glinda and the magic shoes. I kept waiting for Lauren to click her heels together. Cute.

5 comments:

trishalyn said...

Especially love the first shot...very creative!!! Glad you were able to connect (pun intended) with Leah. Thanks for sharing your day...looks like it was a fun day!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice photos..My niece Jenna will be in the Wizzard Of Oz later this year so I can relate to those thoughts. Enjoy the holidays!

J.L.Velez said...

I like the "Thinker" best... very pensive and thought provoking. What is he thinking about? A cure for cancer? A pathway to world peace? Or Mom's homemade Christmas cookies maybe? :)

Bridget said...

nice photos of your day.
love the shoes and the cats prspective and the thinker.
i am glad you were able to contact your daughter:)

philmary said...

Linda's Thinker is looking upward and out..Rodin's thinker is self absorbed and introspective,