Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The Pressure's Off

All day long the question kept swirling around in my head, "Who would win the coveted Blogging Award tonight?" Remember, there were 5 of us in the running. "Who would it be, could I (we) bear it if Trish won again, would my blogging life be over?" As we gathered for our meeting at Bridget's house, the tension eased a little as we smelled the wonderful dinner she had prepared for us. We talked and laughed during dinner, we cleared the table, and then the moment of truth arrived.

AND THE AWARD GOES TO..... Me! Now remember, this trophy is not for image quality (although there have been some really great images posted by all members)--if that were the case I would have been drummed out of the group on several occasions--but it is for T E N A C I T Y. How tenaciously, voraciously, determinately, faithfully, painstakingly we take a photo and post it EACH day.

So for tonight, the pressure's off. In a few weeks the trophy will travel with me to Hawaii--it may find itself the object of several beach shots.

As we were getting ready to leave Bridget's, I turned around and there was this great cat. My first thought was "the Cheshire Cat himself" although this one's a little cuter. I couldn't resist taking a parting shot of him on this great Victorian chair in front of the lace curtain.

Ahhh, I can sleep easy tonight, but starting tomorrow, the pressure's back on--59 more days of a photo and a post per day.

4 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

lock your doors! :)

trishalyn said...

WHERE'S MY TROPHY? I WANT MY TROPHY BACK!!! :-( Congratulations, Linda...I'm happy for you!

J.L.Velez said...

59 days?!? That's totally unfair:) Oh well, am I like the only one not salivating over this trophy? Give me a trophy of solid chocolate and then, maybe I'll be more motivated! Congrats Linda!

philmary said...

OK HERE I AM !!