Sunday, December 07, 2008

Victorian Stroll in Troy, NY, Dec. 08

Steve and I went to Troy today to do some photography at the Victorian Stroll. I've never been to one before, but it seems like they're popping up all over. Just last week I heard of one in Saratoga, and Steve told me that there had been one in Johnstown.

We really lucked out with the weather. We arrived in Troy around noon, and there was hardly any wind and the temps were tolerable. I didn't know what to expect, but I was a little disappointed. I thought there would be more people "strolling" around in Victorian dress.

Well, we managed to get some shots, and although I'm basically disappointed with my images as a whole, I'm satisfied with these.

We stopped for lunch, and by the time we got back to Amsterdam, the wind was really blowing and the temps seemed colder and of course the sky was greyer. But we had a good time and I'm not sorry we went.





3 comments:

trishalyn said...

Beautiful images, Linda! They're all wonderful...but I especially love the close-up of the braids/bows. I give you and Steve lots of credit for braving the cold temps, snow, and wind. Glad you had a great day!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Very nice shots Linda! I love the braids and bows, the close up lady...all of them actually! How did you get 5? I thought it could only post 4?

Bridget said...

wow!
gorgeous!
every one a winner.