Friday, December 26, 2008

11.5 Days and Counting

I decided that I'd better get some shipping boxes and get busy sending some of my things to HI pretty soon. It took me by surprise when I actually stopped to count the days left till I leave. After hearing the weather forecast for the next few days, it can't be soon enough.

New Year's Day, just 6 days from now. Hard to believe we've come through another year. It has been soooo good. Even through the worst times, I realize how blessed I and my family are, as well as my friends. I'm really learning how to try and keep things in perspective, and by doing that it's easier to recognize the blessings.

I hope, as we approach the new year, that you all can look back on the year that has passed and recognize your personal blessings. HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's been a while since I quoted from "Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me", so here goes:

*"The path you're on looks different when you turn around." (good for life and good for us photographers)

*"As soon as you understand two times four, you can't believe there was a time when you didn't understand it." (another one that's true for life and for us photographers)

This book rocks!!!

2 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Nice comments and quotes on your post today. "The path you're on looks different when you turn around"- I wonder what that path is and when I'll turn around. You must be so excited for your trip!

trishalyn said...

I love your quotes and your writing...nice photo to go along with it! (May I borrow your book sometime?) I can't believe another year has passed and it's nearly time for you to leave...seems like you just got home!